Dr Mriganka Sekhar Sharma is a senior laparoscopic and bariatric surgeon. Dr Sharma worked as a senior resident in the University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He then helped set up the Bariatric surgery unit at Medanta-The Medicity where he was involved in about 700 bariatric cases. Dr Sharma went to Cleveland Clinic, USA for advanced training in bariatric & anti-reflux surgery. Having kept himself with the recent advances in laparoscopic & bariatric surgeries, Dr Sharma is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Designation: Consultant & Head, Department of MAS & Bariatric surgery, Columbia Asia Hospital, Palam Vihar
Office Address : Dept. MAS & Bariatric Surgery, Columbia Asia Hospital, Palam Vihar, Haryana, India
E-Mail: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Mohta AK, Sharma M. Congenital oral cysts in neonates-report of two cases. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Edod. 2006;102:e36-e38.
2) Sharma M, Kumar S, Agarwal N. Childhood colorectal carcinoma- our experience.African Journal of Paediatric Surgery. 2009; 6:65-67.
3) Agarwal N, Kumar S, Joshi M, Sharma M. Two adults presenting with acute abdominal wall hernia following blunt trauma: a case series. Journal of Medical Case Reports. 2009, 3:7324
4) Sharma MS, Ahmed MZ. Adult Wilms’ tumor. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2009 Sep;20(5):835-7
5) Agarwal N, Kumar S, Sharma MS, Agrawal R, Joshi M. Emphysematous gastritis causing gastric and esophageal necrosis in a young boy. Acta Gastroenterol Belg. 2009 Jul-Sep;72(3):354-6.
6) Sharma MS, Kumar S, Agarwal N. Trocar site hernia- a case series. Indian J Surg. 2012 Apr;74(2):189-90. doi: 10.1007/s12262-011-0249-y. Epub 2011 Apr 30.
7) Adult Wilms Tumour . Sharma M, Ahmed MZ in the annual conference of the association of surgeons of Assam (ASSACON) 2004 (Oral).
8) Bile duct injury in blunt abdominal trauma . Kumar S, Sharma M at the Delhi chapter meeting of the Association of Surgeons of India (Oral).
9) Childhood colorectal carcinoma. Sharma M, Kumar S at RGCON-2007, Delhi. (Oral).
10) Laparoscopic approach to splenic rupture. Sharma M, Agarwala Yogesh, Sharma Sudhir, Gupta Manish at the annual conference of the Delhi state chapter of thea ssociation of surgeons of India, SURGICON-2008 (Oral)
11) Thoracoscopic drainage of paravertebral abscess- a case report. Sharma M, Shah S at the third AIIMS surgical week, ENDOSURG-2009.
12) Endoscopic repair of groin hernia- points in technique. Sharma M, Shah S at the third AIIMS surgical week, ENDOSURG-2009.
13) Laparoscopic Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy as a stand-alone procedure in the Super Morbidly Obese Indian Patient-Is it enough? (POSTER) At ASMBS 2013, the 30th annual conference of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons, Atlanta, USA
14) 3D CT Volumetric Analysis of Gastric Sleeve on Post Operative Day 1 (POD 1) and at 1-year Post-Op (PO) after a Standardized Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy (LSG): Does It Have Any Correlation with Percent Excess Weight Loss (%EWL)? (POSTER) At obesity week 2015, organised by the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, Los Angeles, USA