Dr Mriganka S Sharma & Dr Amit D Goswami are Laparoscopic surgeons with special interest in bariatric/weight loss and upper GI/abdomen surgeries.Having worked at some of the most prestigious hospitals in Delhi and NCR, they are known for their ethical practice and high degree of professionalism.
In many clinical conditions, patients undergo unnecessary tests and surgical procedures. Patients need the services of a trusted team. Dr. Mriganka Sekhar Sharma and Dr. Amit Deepta Goswami have formed a team with a pledge to maintain the highest degree of ethical standards. They welcome patients who have taken consultation with surgeons elsewhere for a second opinion.
Patients seek their doctors at times of need and stress. Every team should strive to be compassionate and give time to their patients. Being in a team, both Dr Sharma and Dr Goswami do not feel pressed to cut down on the time they devote to their patients. Moreover, patients feel relieved to know that even in the absence of any one of them, the other one is around to take care of them.
Overseas patients always feel insecure while travelling to a foreign country for treatment. With Dr Mriganka Sekhar Sharma and Dr Amit Deepta Goswami, these patients are made to feel welcome and relaxed. Being well versed in the intricacies of the surgery, the patients feel confident of being safe hands.
Dr Mriganka Sekhar Sharma is a senior laparoscopic & bariatric surgeon in Gurgaon. Having completed his surgical training, Dr Sharma worked as a senior resident in the University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He then helped set up the Bariatric surgery unit at Medanta-The Medicity where he was involved in about 700 bariatric cases. Dr Sharma went to Cleveland Clinic, USA for advanced training in bariatric & anti-reflux surgery. Having kept himself with the recent advances in laparoscopic & bariatric surgeries, Dr Sharma is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Dr Amit Deepta Goswami is an experienced Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon in Gurgaon. After completing his post-graduation, Dr Goswami worked in various premier institutes of India namely All India Institute of Medical Sciences(AIIMS), Medanta Medicity Hospital and Max Superspeciality Hospital. Having gained widespread experience, he is an expert in providing service related to Laparoscopy, Bariatric Surgery, Trauma Surgery, Medical Counseling and Surgical/ Medical Advisory Services.
• Mohta AK, Sharma M. Congenital oral cysts in neonates-report of two cases. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Edod. 2006;102:e36-e38.
• Sharma M, Kumar S, Agarwal N. Childhood colorectal carcinoma- our experience.African Journal of Paediatric Surgery. 2009; 6:65-67.
• Agarwal N, Kumar S, Joshi M, Sharma M. Two adults presenting with acute abdominal wall hernia following blunt trauma: a case series. Journal of Medical Case Reports. 2009, 3:7324
• Sharma MS, Ahmed MZ. Adult Wilms’ tumor. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2009 Sep;20(5):835-7
• Agarwal N, Kumar S, Sharma MS, Agrawal R, Joshi M. Emphysematous gastritis causing gastric and esophageal necrosis in a young boy. Acta Gastroenterol Belg. 2009 Jul-Sep;72(3):354-6.
• Sharma MS, Kumar S, Agarwal N. Trocar site hernia- a case series. Indian J Surg. 2012 Apr;74(2):189-90. doi: 10.1007/s12262-011-0249-y. Epub 2011 Apr 30.
• Adult Wilms Tumour . Sharma M, Ahmed MZ in the annual conference of the association of surgeons of Assam (ASSACON) 2004 (Oral).
• Bile duct injury in blunt abdominal trauma . Kumar S, Sharma M at the Delhi chapter meeting of the Association of Surgeons of India (Oral).
• Childhood colorectal carcinoma. Sharma M, Kumar S at RGCON-2007, Delhi. (Oral).
• Laparoscopic approach to splenic rupture. Sharma M, Agarwala Yogesh, Sharma Sudhir, Gupta Manish at the annual conference of the Delhi state chapter of the association of surgeons of India, SURGICON-2008 (Oral)
• Thoracoscopic drainage of paravertebral abscess- a case report. Sharma M, Shah S at the third AIIMS surgical week, ENDOSURG-2009.
• Endoscopic repair of groin hernia- points in technique. Sharma M, Shah S at the third AIIMS surgical week, ENDOSURG-2009.
• Laparoscopic Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy as a stand-alone procedure in the Super Morbidly Obese Indian Patient-Is it enough? (POSTER) At ASMBS 2013, the 30th annual conference of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons, Atlanta, USA
•3D CT Volumetric Analysis of Gastric Sleeve on Post Operative Day 1 (POD 1) and at 1-year Post-Op (PO) after a Standardized Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy (LSG): Does It Have Any Correlation with Percent Excess Weight Loss (%EWL)? (POSTER) At obesity week 2015, organised by the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, Los Angeles, USA
• Residual gall bladder stone after cholecystectomy- JMAS October-December 2015 | Volume 11 | Issue 4 223
• Adrenal angiomyolipoma: A case report and review of literature-JMAS September’14
• A Prospective Randomized Study Comparing Suture Mesh Fixation Versus Tacker Mesh Fixation for Laparoscopic Repair of Incisional and Ventral Hernias – Surgical Endoscopy on 26th Oct’10
• Laparoscopic Management of Pseudocyst of the Pancreas in a Pregnant Patient – Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 2012;22:e37–e38
• Laparoscopic Suturing Skills Acquisition – A Comparison between Laparoscopy Exposed and Laparoscopy Naive Surgeons-Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons 2012-Accepted for publication
• Unusual Presentation of a common complication after Gastric Bypass at OSSICON,2016
• Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair: (TAPP) Versus (TEP) Approach, A Prospective Randomized Trial at International Conference cum Live Operative Workshop on Advanced Laparoscopy (NZ-USI & SELSI) held at Srinagar in 2009
• Friction Burn: A clinical study (Poster) at 14th congress of ISBI at Montreal, Canada, 2008
• Omentopexy in Buerger’s Disease-Our Experience at Annual Conference of Association of Surgeons of India, 2007
• Multidisciplinary approach to a hemipelvectomy wound (Poster) at Annual Conference of Delhi Chapter of ASI, 2007
• ABCDE of Trauma Care at Academic Schedule at JPNA Trauma center (AIIMS), 2007
• Blunt Abdominal trauma: Presentation & Management at Annual Conference of Association of Surgeons of Assam 2005 (Best Paper)
• Blunt Abdominal trauma: Presentation & Management at Annual Conference of Association of Surgeons of India, 2006
• Choledochal Cyst: Presentation & Management at Annual Conference of Association of Surgeons of Assam2004 (Best Paper)
• Choledochal Cyst: Presentation & Management at Annual Conference of Association of Surgeons of India, 2005